A trip to Nepal once again. A short trip last year was not enough! I think I didn’t write about last year trip here.
Briefly, Aj. Tanai came up with the idea and Meen, Sai and I joined. All four of us went together. Pasang Dawa Sherpa was the sirdar/ guide. The trip was a short one, 6-day trekking from Lukla to Syangboche (Everest View Hotel) at 3,800m. The view from the hotel was awesome!
Then, Sai and I wanted to revisit and we did it this year. Key locations are Renjo La Pass, Everest Base Camp (EBC) and Kala Pathar. We’d planned to visit Chola Pass after Renjo La too but decided to skip it because of its steepness and lack of cramp-ons.
FRIDAY 15 NOVEMBER 2013
DAY ONE (CHICK)
- Sai arrived the airport just in time for checking in, passport control and boarding. Taxi was late. She exercised her neck on the way to the airport. LOL.
- Arrived Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu safely.
- Almost got wrong 15-day visa instead of 30-day because the staff misread weeks with days, I reckon.
- Spotted the Sherpa brother, PaSang, once looking out to the crowd at the arrival gate.
- Airport transfer from Kathmandu Madhuban Guest House http://www.lodgingnepal.com/ was late.
- Had momo. Kimbok (Jamja) and Kata.. Ready to eat!
- Went to Mount Everest Summitter’s Shop http://www.7summiterbrothers.com/ to rent sleeping bags (Rs50/bag/day only!) and Nima Gombu Sherpa from the shop took us to exchange money. Also, thanks to PeMa FuTi CerPa for introducing us this shop.
- Had chou mien for dinner in Thamel. Big plate at Rs80.
SATURDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2013
DAY TWO (NGI)
– Got up early to buy a big cup of yoghurt and cookies (they’re nice) to try.
– Taxi to the airport for domestic flight to Lukla. Not so delayed. Good.
– Overweighted stuff. Paid Rs2000! HAHAA.
– Arrived Lukla.
– Visited the bro’s sister for succha ^^ and gave colouring/ drawing books and wax crayons to Jangbu and Jangmu, the nephew and niece. Jangbu seems to like drawing and he’s good at it!
– Hello Nima Wongchu Sherpa, we met again, but this time up in the mountains. And figured he is very young.
– Snacked at Mera Lodge while waiting for the bro to prepare items for the engagement ceremony.
– Walked to the girl’s parents’ house for the bro’s uru to officially ask the girl out. They spoke in Sherpa/ Nepali languages, so we guessed this was an engagement ceremony. Always put a bit of butter on the top of the glass after completely filled with drink. Sipped once. Poured again. Sipped again. Uru and the girl’s mother talked/ discussed about something. We, Thais, were nosey. LOL. — with Saitong Hwangkuntham, PaSang Dava SheRpa and Nima Wongchu Sherpa in Lukla, Nepal.
– Congratulations Pasang!