SATURDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2013
DAY TWO (NGI)
- Didn’t take much time walking from Lukla to Phakding.
- Stayed at a much better lodge this year, Kongde Peak Guest House, and the owner’s daughter, Ang Sarki Sherpa, spoke English very well. She said she just learned English in Kathmandu. The accent was like she’s been abroad. Her name was difficult to remember. She’s friendly, smiley and active.
- She said something in Sherpa/ Nepali to Pasang when she saw us, but both of them didn’t tell us what they said although we were trying to lock the girl in the bathroom when she showed us the room.
- This lodge provided hot shower and attached bathroom. Clean.
- Met 3 Australians who were going to Island Peak.
- One guy played Bananagrams with me. Took quite a while with 2 players. He said this game was similar to Boggle (And I googled later thinking Boggle was quite similar to Wordament!).