WEDNESDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2013
DAY THIRTEEN (CHU SOOM)
- Went up again. Lobuche was the destination.
- Easy walk. Quite flat.
- Met the famous Phurba Tashi Sherpa Mendewa who came with the marathon group (from Gorakshep to Namche).
- Passed Thuk La where we saw some memorials of some who used to climb some peaks and passed away.
- The shakang at Thuk La village (the tea house with the uncle who used to travel to Bangkok for trading) was unbearable. Went to see and closed the door. Kept the waste till the next stop. HAHAA.
- The uncle cooked stir-fried cabbages well.
- One dish of stir-fried cabbages and a small pot of hot lemon cost us Rs500 (approx THB170).
- Chicken curry that came with the bro’s dahl bhat was so nice. Had planned to stay here again on the way back, but we changed our plan.
- Talked to one of the staff at the lodge. He used to live in Malaysia for three years and worked in a Thai restaurant. He knew some Thai food.